"Can I give you some feedback?" Most people hear these words from friends, colleagues, bosses or parents and a sense of dread of what comes next is felt.
I came across the term "feedforward". Apparently, it's not a new phrase and one that is beyond simple semantics. It does provide food for thought for how feedback should be approached, which is to provoke reflection and action on how to improve on what occurred previously.
The catalyst was this simple graphic posted by Monte Pedersen on Linkedin.
I also found the following sources:
- What in the World is Feedforward? - Elle Robertson
- Moving from Feedback to Feedforward - Jason Lauritsen
- Feedforward in Leadership
- Try Feedforward - Nick Petrie (video)
- Powerful Perspective on Feedforward - Nicole Heimann (video)
I would appreciate comments and thoughts on this one.
Post a Comment