- According to Hitwise, he regularly attracts 68% of all weekly presidential campaign-related web traffic.
- According to data marketing company Compete, he regularly generates 2.6 million weekly unique visitors to his official website.
- He has 740,000 MySpace friends.
- He has over two million Facebook fans.
- He is ranked the 15th most connected individual on business online network, Linkedin which numbers 26 million users, predominantly US senior business professionals and executives.
- He has 105,000 followers on online networking platform Twitter.
- A hip-hop music video set to an Obama “Yes We Can” speech was posted repeatedly on YouTube with the top two postings alone being viewed 10 million times.
- According to techpresident.com, he had 31,192 subscribers on Youtube compared with 2,844 for his rival, John McCain in February 2008. One of the most popular Senator Obama videos is a clip of him tripping over a roadside kerb while reading a message on his Blackberry device.
- In the last few weeks leading up to the campaign, itwire.com reported that the Obama camp launched an iPhone software application called Obama ’08, that provides the user “instant access to Barack’s positions on important issues, as well as local and national campaign news as it happens”. The application promised “comprehensive connection to the heart of Barack Obama and (vice presidential running mate) Joe Biden’s campaign”.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I wrote this article for Professional Marketing magazine, October-December 2008 edition. You can download it by placing the pointer on the image, right clicking to show the sub-menu then choosing "Save Picture as.." option to download to your computer.